COMMUNITY EDUCATION PROGRAMS
One, two and three-day seminars featuring experts in the fields of end-of-life care, palliative options, green cemeteries, home funerals, grief counseling, communication skills, exploring unconscious beliefs and understandings, and other areas of study relevant to this field.
Doorway Into Light has a number of educational and outreach programs to inform those interested in exploring their own approaching death and those wishing to enrich their work in service to the dying and continuing to implement this new paradigm.
Curriculum for current, ongoing and future education includes:
- Trainings, guidance and practices in physical care of the dying and of the body after death.
- Exploring end-of-life choices and rights concerning organ donation, intervention, etc.
- Communication and social interaction training for being with the dying and their families.
- Being with dying people (community outreach).
- Exploration of one’s own feelings and beliefs about death and dying.
- Teaching indigenous and religious customs, traditions and understandings concerning death and the after-life.
- Trainings, guidance and practices in meditation, contemplation and spiritual disciplines.
- Skills for operating a nonprofit funeral home, creating an intern program, public speaking